Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend!

Our full weekend started Friday night. After work Michael and I went up to the Beehive Clothing store to purchase some clothing items. When we got to the counter the lady working there asked where he was going on his mission to which Michael replied Argentina Resistencia. At that point the lady behind us who had just walked in said "that's the mission that my son is serving in ." Wow! What a blessing that was. We (I) have had so many questions about what Michael needs to take (even though they give you a list) and, like a mom, have been worried that we get him just the right stuff. Well, she was able to help us decide on the type of fabrics he should choose for the weather as well as answer questions in general. Her son is currently working at the mission home and she took Michael's email so her son could contact him. The best news she had for us was that they now have a Wal-Mart in Resistencia so her son was able to go buy peanut butter. Michael was loving that. I know it seems like such a small thing but I'm convinced that she was there for a reason and it wasn't just coincidence. She definitely helped calm the nerves of this slightly anxious mom who is sending her baby off to a strange country.

On Saturday we were able to take Michael to the temple for his endowment. It was a great day. Craig was able to help him and then I along with Grandma and Papa Nielsen and Grandma Fuller were in the session with him. When we got in the session we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was the same one for one of the young guys in our ward who was getting married the next week. Not only that but one of Greg and Becca's friend and his wife were also there. Having so many friendly faces was a great plus. Here's the ONE picture I got at the temple before we went inside. Since it was 9:58 and we had to be inside at 10:00 it was all he would let me take. He hates to be late!

On Sunday Michael spoke in church for the last time before he leaves. He did such a good job and I was definitely proud of him. I can't believe this time has come so soon. We were blessed to have lots of friends and family come to support him and many more who would have liked to have been there. We love them all.

After church we all came home and enjoyed visiting and eating. It was a FULL house: Grandma and Papa Nielsen, Grandma and Papa Fuller, Patrick, Matthew, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Michelle, Riley, Gage, Gavin, Aunt Melanie, Uncle Milo, Kathryn, Nathan, Dane, Reed, Uncle Kyle, Aunt Heidi, Kate, and Preston. Add our six to the mix and the house was lively. I love being able to spend time with extended family and having all the nieces and nephews around. My kids love being able to play with their younger cousins and it is always nice to have some time to catch up with each other. Thank You everyone for your support and love!

From Barbies to Rock Band to Basketball (just a little since it was Sunday :)), here are some pictures of the day:


Preston & Madison

Dane

Jared & Gavin

Riley (hair courtesy of Chad)

Kathryn (Barbie's hairdo courtesy of Madison)

Cousin Time

Nathan

Chad, Michael, & Jared

Kate

Reed

Gage

The Crew (21 tries and this is the best you get)

The Big Boys at Play



3 comments:

melanie said...

I saw your comment and I'm so proud to see some posts come out of the draft folder! All good ones too.

We had such a good time. When we were down the road about 20 minutes it was dead silent in the car with very tired kids and Dane yells out, 'Can we move here?'. Such a compliment, he loved it that much. He wants to move in, ha!

I loved Michael's talk. He did a great job. I can't believe he's so grown up.

Cracking up over 21 takes with that photo. Is it the amount of boys or what?!!

Granny DeeAnn said...

It was fun to see your blog and catch up, kinda! :o) I'm sure there are many more stories in those 4 walls, inside and out. Sorry I missed a fun day again. Maybe some day I can retire. Since your kids will all be leaving soon I might have to put your name on the list! I iron...... That's about all. I don't cook much anymore I just burn! I will be at Kyle's house for a few days after Christmas...... so maybe if you don't have games, dances, work, a life..... Ha It will be wonderful for your family to take Michael to the mission home. Take picture and then.... post! Love you guys!

Queen Bee said...

I love the pics! What fun!! All the kids look so adorable. What a neat time of your lives!! Wish we could have been there, but we can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks! :]